Roasted Stuffed Salmon
There’s no need to go to an expensive restaurant and pay so much for a plate of stuffed Salmon! You can make this dish at home for no more than 10 dollars- it’s both affordable and delicious. The preparation is simple and doesn’t take too long. If you’re trying to show off your cooking skills to family and friends, here is the dish you want to try!
This recipe uses spinach, mushroom and cheese but feel free to substitute any other ingredients into the recipe. Do make sure that you’re not stuffing too much vegetables without them being drained. Vegetables give out a lot of water when cooked and might make the dish a little too soggy.
- 1 salmon fillet (about 3 inches wide, 2 inches long, 1-2 inches thick)
- 1 cup spinach - washed and drained
- 2 cups mushroom - washed and drained
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
1. Prepare the mushrooms and spinach by washing and draining them from excess water. Coarsely chop the mushrooms and the spinach as well. Rinse the fillet and pat dry.
2. Heat up a shallow pan to medium heat. Add in 2 tsp of olive oil and quickly saute the spinach and mushroom until they’re half cooked. This will soften the texture a little and will make it easier to stuff into the salmon.
3. Place the salmon fillet on a flat surface and let orange part of the fillet face towards you. Estimate about 1 cm from the edge. Place your other hand on the top of the fillet. Then, using a very sharp knife, push the knife to the other side of the fillet at the point. Then cut towards the other edge of the fillet , leaving 1 cm at the end. You should now have a pouch inside the fillet and every edge should be intact.
4. Rub around 2 tbsp of olive oil onto the fillet. When the saute mushrooms and spinach is ready, mix with grated mozzarella cheese and carefully stuff into the fillet.
5. Sprinkle some salt and pepper onto the fillet. Then preheat the oven to 320’C. Cover the fillet with a layer of tinfoil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. Serve with greens and some dill sauce (or sour cream) on the side!